Avery Zenker - Online Vegan Dietitian in Toronto and all of Ontario
Welcome! My name is Avery, I’m a vegan nutritionist, and dietitian!
Here are some of the things I can help you with:
About Avery, Plant-Based Dietitian and nutritionist
Relevant past work experience
- Freelance plant-based nutrition author
- Garden coordinator at a community garden (Living Ways Foundation)
- Dietetic Intern (University of Guelph, Guelph Community Health Centre, Guelph General Hospital)
- Health Promotor at Woolwich Community (leading nutrition, webinars, coordinated the community garden coordination)
- Cooking School Instructor (PC Cooking School)
- Research assistant (Guelph Family Health Study) measuring BODPOD body composition scans, other anthropometrics, etc
- Member of Dietitians of Canada
- Completed Dietitians of Canada Critical Care course
Get to know Avery Zenker, Plant-Based RD
- My favorite sports: Fitness (lifting weights, calisthenics, yoga, running)
- What I do on my time off: Painting, Gardening, Hiking, Meditation, Cooking
- Check out my recipes and nutrition content for my Instagram page: @averyzenkernutrition
Avery and her journey with Plant-Based Nutrition:
What motivated you to become a dietitian?
I’ve always been intrigued by the powerful potential of food to treat, prevent, and promote countless mental and physical conditions. It excites me to be able to help empower people to improve their wellness through a holistic and nutrition-focused approach. I believe that food can be an enjoyable part of life, and used to help us achieve our goals.
When did you become plant-based?
I started focusing on a plant-based diet in 2015 and I’ve been loving it ever since!
Why are you plant-based?
Being plant-based aligns with many of my greatest values, notably the importance of taking care of my health, the planet, and other beings. This lifestyle makes me feel more in alignment with myself and the world, and more aware of the impacts of my choices. Every choice is a vote, and I choose to vote towards what’s important to me.
Make sure you have a balanced diet with Avery’s help!